For MacKeeper Virus Dial 1-833-335-7999 Toll Free
What is Mackeeper?
There are numerous problems that users of mac have to face time to time. These problems prevent smooth usage of Mac. MacKeeper is one of those issues that arises in Mac. This is a software which seems to be a suite of individual utilities which are actually designed to improve the performance and stability of Mac, but it uses ads that appear as pop-under ads on websites. In fact, instead of providing stability it can destabilize Mac. Hence, there is need to remove MacKeeper virus from the device. Just removing it by putting into trash is not enough, you have to uninstall it completely by following the steps of uninstallation.
How to uninstall MacKeeper?
It’s definite that you don’t need MacKeeper virus on your device so its worth to remove it completely from mac. Though the steps of uninstalling it pretty easy but the steps are not entirely straightforward. If you search for the option of removing it from the Mac’s menu bar you won’t find any such option and even force quitting will not work in that case. Here are steps for uninstalling it:
- Firstly, you have to launch the MacKeeper app in the applications folder in order to remove it from the menu bar.
- After that you have to click on MacKeeper menu and then select preferences.
- In the next step you have to click on the General tab and uncheck the box which indicates ‘show MacKeeper icon in menu bar’.
- Once you are able to find the MacKeeper icon in the menu bar, now you can quit it by just choosing the option from the menu.
- In order to start the uninstallation process, you have to drag MacKeeper virus to the trash where you have to enter the administrator’s password.
- Once the app is removed, a window will pop up and now you can uninstall rest of its components. You have to just click on ‘Uninstall MacKeeper’ button and that will remove all the files of MacKeeper placed on your hard drive.
If you own a recent version of MacKeeper then the Antimalware for mac will help to clean up any bit of MacKeeper virus that is left behind but in cases of older versions, even after you have removed it completely there are chances that some bits may remain. You should empty the trash to get rid of this virus forever. If you have downloaded the MacKeeper legitimately then there are chances that you are not seeing lots of pop-up and pop-under ads. Only when you purchase it from a third party clearing house then your browser will get infected by such insidious ads which harass you a lot.
In that situation you should always opt to uninstall it without thinking much. You need to first quit safari, by just pressing command-Q is not enough as the pop-ups keep appearing and they don’t go away when you click ok or cancel. In that case you have to force quit by pressing Command-option-escape. If you again relaunch the Safari, then the pop-ups will come back so you must hold down the Shift key for preventing reloading of the last session.
Uninstalling MacKeeper virus is very easy when you have new version of Mac. The Malwarebytes Anti-malware of mac prevents any such virus to enter. It has Adware medic utility which scans Mac for known adware. You will have to simply run a scan and the check the boxes of anything that you want to delete. So, it will find the Mackeeper app and all its parts from your device and then delete it instantly.